Ayurveda Seasonal Treatments
Ayurveda, the holistic medical system has travelled for ages and stands time tested. Its more than just a medical system. Ayurveda is a way of life and emphasizes to have a balanced body, mind and soul.
Ayurveda has two major classifications Dinacharya(Daily regimen) and Rtucharya Regimen)both of which are important to be followed to have a healthy body and sound mind and thereby a happy life.
Rtucharya, as the name indicates it’s the routine to be followed during the various seasons. Rtu means ”season” and Charya means Routine to be followed.
Two major classification of season are Adara kala and Visarga kaala and comprises of 3 seasons namely late winter, Spring and summer in order of Sisira,vasantha and Greeshma respectively.
Energy level is increased during Visarga kaala that comprises of rainy season,autumn and winter in the order of varsa, shared and hemanta respectively.
The purpose of following this rtucharya is to have a balance on Tridosas of body called vata, pita and kapha. If Tridosas aggravated or alleviated it causes disease.
Summer is the season of aggravated or dominant pita dosa co-related to heat.
- Ayurveda treatments with medicated oils to bring down heat in body and improve sleep
- mild exercise
- drinking enough of water
- a short nap in noon
- washing hair with herbal paste of hibiscus leaves and rose petals
- Excess exposure to sun
- Wind and light
- Excess physical activities
- Delayed dinner & light sleep
- Long drive
- Excess exposure to electronic gadgets
- Sweet potatoes
- Cow or Goat milk
- Seasonal fruits expect citrus
- Hot spicy food
- Too much oily food
- Citrus fruits
- Raw onions
Some Ayurveda Treatments Advised for this Summer
- Abhyangam (Oil applications from head to toe with heat reducing medicated oils)